Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lap 5; Blog #2. "Children In A Playground."

I chose the Jacob Riis photo, "Children In A Playground." This photo depicts, literally, children playing in a playground. The main focus of the photo is a young child giving an even younger child a 'piggyback ride.' In the background, you can see more young children climbing up ladders mounted over a wooden beam, and you can also see a swingset to the far right of the photo.
I chose this picture, honestly, because of the title. The title made me wonder what playgrounds from back then looked like. I was surprised to see that the playgrounds actually had swing sets, and that they had something similar to a jungle gym. It didn't really surprise me though, that the jungle gym was nothing more than a piece of wood mounted between two more pieces.
The fact that the children appeared to actually be waiting in line to climb up the ladder made me realized how content these children were with something so simple. Things like that make you really appreciate what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment